(Multistate Research Coordinating Committee and Information Exchange Group)
Pornaro, C., S. Macolino, and M.D. Richardson, M. D. 2018. Measuring stolons and rhizomes of turfgrasses using a digital image analysis system. Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), e58042 (https://www.jove.com/video/58042/measuring-stolons-rhizomes-turfgrasses-using-digital-image-analysis?status=a60048k).
Rossini, F., R. Ruggeri, T. Celli, F.M. Rogai, L. Kuzmanović, and M.D. Richardson. 2019. Cool-season grasses for overseeding sport turfs: germination and performance under limiting environmental conditions. HortScience (in press)
Pornaro C., M.D. Richardson, and S. Macolino. 2019. Rhizome and stolon development of bermudagrass cultivars in a transition-zone environment. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica (in press)
Russell, T.W., D.E. Karcher, and M.D. Richardson. 2019. Daily light integral requirement of a creeping bentgrass putting green as affected by shade, trinexepac-ethyl, and a plant colorant. Crop Science (in press)
Sandor, D., D.E. Karcher, M.D. Richardson, D. Hignight and K. Hignight. 2019. Kentucky bluegrass performance under chronic drought stress. Crop Forage and Turfgrass Management (in press)
Boyle, P.E., M.D. Richardson, M.C. Savin, D.E. Karcher, and D.A. Potter. 2019. Review Article: Ecology and management of earthworm casting on sports turf. Pest Management Science (in press)
DeBoer, E.J., M.D. Richardson, J.H. McCalla, and D.E. Karcher. 2019. Reducing ultradwarf bermudagrass putting green winter injury with covers and wetting agents. Crop, Forage, and Turfgrass Management (in press)
English, L., J. Popp, M. Richardson, J. Robbins, W.P. Miller, and R. Rainey. 2018. Arkansas Specialty Crop Profile: Turfgrass Industry. UAEX FSA50
Barber LT, Boyd JW, Selden G, Norsworthy JK, Burgos N, Bertucci MB. 2019. Recommended chemicals for weed and brush control. Little Rock, AR: University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service Printing Services Rep MP44. p. 197
Boyd J, Bertucci MB, Robbins JA. 2018. Metsulfuron Damage on woody ornamentals. Little Rock, AR: University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service Printing Services Rep FSA2183. p. 2
Bertucci MB, Boyd J. 2018. Mowing your lawn. Little Rock, AR: University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service Printing Services Rep FSA6023. p. 6
Bertucci MB, Karcher DE, Richardson MD, O’Brien DP. Evaluation of newly established buffalograss for tolerance to glyphosate. Proceedings of the 2019 Weed Science Society of America Annual Meeting. 317
Bertucci MB, Karcher DE, Richardson MD, O’Brien DP. Evaluation of newly established buffalograss for tolerance to glyphosate. Proceedings of the 2019 Southern Weed Science Society Annual Meeting.
Carr, T., D. E. Karcher, M. D. Richardson, and D. P. O'Brien. 2018. Determining the water requirements of two Kentucky bluegrass cultivars under deficit irrigation. Agron. Abr. p. 112332.
DeBoer, E., M. D. Richardson, D. E. Karcher, and J. H. McCalla. 2018. Effect of irrigation with oxygenated water on summer performance and stress tolerance of creeping bentgrass. Agron. Abr. p. 111935.
Kouame J, Burgos NR, Willett CD, Bertucci MB, Grantz EM. Investigating Palmer amaranth resistance to S-metolachlor in Arkansas (Poster). Presented at the Weed Science Society of America Annual Meeting. February 12, 2019. New Orleans, Louisiana.
McCalla, J. H., G. K. Breeden, M. D. Richardson, and J. T. Brosnan. 2018. Use of fraise mowing and herbicides to eradicate bermudagrass. Agron. Abr. p. 113594.
O'Brien, D. P., D. E. Karcher, and M. D. Richardson. 2018. Evaluating putting green firmness in terms of moisture, maintenance, and playability. Agron. Abr. p. 113516.
Wisdom, M., M. D. Richardson, D. E. Karcher, and G. V. McDonald. 2018. Planting methods for flowering bulbs in bermudagrass. Agron. Abr. p. 111975.
Bertucci MB. 2018. Winning the war, preventative weed management for healthy turf. Parks & Rec Business.
Bertucci MB. 2019. Cleaning up emerged crabgrass: postemergent control options. Arkansas Turfgrass: the Arkansas Turfgrass Association Magazine. Summer issue p. 9
Bigelow, C., G. Munshaw, M. Richardson, X. Zhang, M. Goatley, and K. Jackson. 2018. Winter bermudagrass overseeding: Does it hurt or help?. Golfdom. 74(4):p. 31.
Bigelow, C., G. Munshaw, M. Richardson, X. Zhang, M. Goatley, and K. Jackson. 2018. Winter overseeding of bermudagrass and effects on bermudagrass health. Golf Course Manage. 86(3):p. 73.
Russell, T. R., D. E. Karcher, and M. D. Richardson. 2018. DLI requirement of a creeping bentgrass green affected by shade intensity and timing. Golf Course Manage. 86(8):p. 71.
Wisdom, M., and M. Richardson. 2018. Spring bulbs add color to dormant warm-season turf. Golfdom. 74(3):p. 35.
Include full citation for all publications. For annual reports, list publications for current year only; for termination reports, list publications for entire span of project.
The Effects of Long-term Sand Topdressing on Earthworm Casting Activity. 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh23R2a4iFU&index=5&t=0s&list=PLzwlawVM4o4E7AMOiQT3byuf1TGFp5X49
Determining the Minimum Daily Light Integral Requirement of a Creeping Bentgrass Putting Green. 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm49g_oMOc&index=3&t=0s&list=PLzwlawVM4o4E7AMOiQT3byuf1TGFp5X49
How Much Light Do Creeping Bentgrass Putting Greens Need? (Shorter Summary). 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqGZnpDa0DI&index=4&t=0s&list=PLzwlawVM4o4E7AMOiQT3byuf1TGFp5X49
Attracting and feeding pollinators in warm-season lawns. 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzpR1QayHDw&index=2&t=0s&list=PLzwlawVM4o4E7AMOiQT3byuf1TGFp5X49
Stewart, Barry R. (Author & Presenter), Carpenter, Matt (Author), McCurdy, James Dewey (Author), Reasor, Eric Hall (Author), Philley, Herbert W. (Author), Crop Science Society of America Annual Meeting, "Response of Six Bermudagrass Cultivars to Simulated American Football Traffic," Crop Science Society of America, Baltimore, MD. (November 7, 2018).
Carpenter, Matt (Author & Presenter), Stewart, Barry R. (Author), McCurdy, James Dewey (Author), Reasor, Eric Hall (Author), Harkess, Richard L., Philley, Herbert W., Crop Science Society of America Annual Meeting, "Fraze Mowing for Overseeding Establishment and Removal.," Crop Science Society of America, Baltimore, MD. (November 5, 2018).
Begitschke, Erick (Author), McCurdy, James Dewey (Author & Presenter), Tseng, Te Ming (Author), Barickman, Thomas Casey (Author), Baldwin, Christian Michael (Author), Tomaso-Peterson, Maria (Author), Richard, Michael Paul (Author), Stewart, Barry R. (Author), Ward, Jason (Author), European Turfgrass Society, "Preemergence Herbicide Effects upon Hybrid Bermudagrass Sprigged Establishment," European Turfgrass Society, Manchester, England. (June 3, 2018).
- Benelli, J., B.J. Horvath, A.R. Womac, B.H. Ownley, A.S. Windham and J.C. Sorochan. 2018. Large patch (Rhizoctonia solani AG 2-2LP) severity on Japanese lawngrass (Zoysia japonica) influenced by fungicide and application target site. Crop Protection, 106, Apr. Pp. 23-28. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2017.12.003
- Brosnan, J.T. and G.K. Breeden. 2019. Postemergence weed control in warm-season turfgrass with a mixture or pyrimisulfan + penoxsulam. HortScience (In press).
- Cutulle, M.C., G.R. Armel, D.A. Kopsell, H.P. Wilson, J.T. Brosnan, J.J. Vargas, T.E. Hines, and R.M. Koepke-Hill. 2018. Several pesticides influence the nutritional content of sweet corn. J. Agric. Food Chem. 66: 3086-3092. DOI: 1021/acs.jafc.7b05885
- Cutulle, M.A., J. Derr, D. McCall, A. Nichols, and B. J. Horvath. 2018. Impact of Mowing Height and Nitrogen Fertility on Crabgrass Cover in ‘RTF' Tall Fescue. Journal of Environmental Horticulture, September 2018, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 104-107
- Dickson, K.H., J. C. Sorochan, G.W. Munshaw, and A.W. Thoms. Comparison of cultivation methods impact on playability of Agrostis stolonifera putting greens. American Society for Testing and Materials, Volume 46, Issue 3, May
- Dickson, K.H., J.C. Sorochan, J.T. Brosnan, J.C. Stier, J. Lee, and W.D. Strunk. 2018. Impact of soil water content on hybrid bermudagrass athletic field performance. Crop Sci. 58: 1416-1425. DOI: 2135/cropsci2017.10.0645
- Dickson, K.H., W. Strunk, and J.C. Sorochan. Head impact criteria of natural grass athletic fields is affected by soil type and volumetric water content. Proceedings of the 12th Conference of the International Sports Engineering Association, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, 26-28 March
- Dickson, K.H., W.D. Strunk, J.C. Sorochan, T. Nikolai, and A. Hathaway. Reel on Creeping Bentgrass (Agrostis stolonifera L.) Putting Greens. Crop Forage Turfgrass Manage.
- Hale, F.A. and K.M. Vale. Originally prepared by Science and Education Administration. USDA. 2019. Lawn insects: How to control them. PB1158. UT Extension. https://extension.tennessee.edu/publications/Documents/PB1158.pdf
- Hale, F.A. Originally developed by J. Yanes Jr. 2018. (Revision). Commercial turfgrass insect control. UT Extension. https://extension.tennessee.edu/publications/Documents/PB1342.pdf
- Marble, S.C., M.T. Elmore, and J.T. Brosnan. 2018. Tolerance of native ornamental grasses to over-the-top applications of Pylex herbicide. HortScience. 53:842-849. DOI: 10.21273/HORTSCI12989-18
- Reasor, E.H., J.T. Brosnan, J.P. Kerns, W.J. Hutchens, D.R. Taylor*, J.D. McCurdy, D.J. Soldat, and W.C. Kreuser. 2018. Growing degree day models for plant growth regulator applications on ultradwarf hybrid bermudagrass putting greens. Crop Sci. 58:1801-1807. DOI: 10.2135/cropsci2018.01.0077
- Smith, D.L., J. P. Kerns, N. R. Walker, A. F. Payne, B. J. Horvath, J. C. Inguagiato, J. E. Kaminski, M. Tomaso-Peterson, and P. L. Koch. 2018. Development and validation of a weather-based warning system to advise fungicide applications to control dollar spot on turfgrass. PLoS ONE, 13(3): e0194216
- Strunk, W. D., K. Dickson, and J. C. Sorochan. Mowing Pattern and Clip of Reel Have Limited Effects on Green Speed of Ultradwarf Bermudagrass Putting Greens. Crop, Forage and Turfgrass Management
- Trigiano, R.N., W.E. Klingeman, E. Bernard, S. Boggess, G. Pietsch, and J.T. Brosnan. 2018. First report of powdery mildew on rescuegrass (Bromus catharticus) by Blumeria graminis in Tennessee. Plant Disease. 102:449. https://doi.org.1094/PDIS-08-17-1175-PDN
- Schwartz, B., W. Hanna, L. Baxter, P. Raymer, C. Waltz, A. Kowalewski, A. Chandra, A. D. Genovesi, B. Wherley, G. Miller, S. Milla-Lewis, W. Reynolds, Y. Wu, D. Martin, J. Moss, M. P. Kenna, B. Unruh, K. Kenworthy, J. Zhang, and P. Munoz. 2018. 'DT-1', a Drought-Tolerant Triploid Turf Bermudagrass. HortScience. 53(11):1711-1714. doi: 10.21273/HORTSCI13083-18.
- Lamantia, M. J., A. Chandra and D. R. Huff. 2018. Development of ent-kaurene Oxidase-Based Conserved Intron Spanning Primers for Species Identification in the Genus Poa (Poaceae; Bluegrass). 8(5): 58. doi:10.3390/agronomy8050058.
- Aitkenhead-Peterson, C. Fontanier, J. Thomas, B. Wherley, K. McInnes, and R. White. 2018. Irrigation Water Sodium Influences Losses of Dissolved Organic Carbon During Sod Establishment. Journal of Horticulture 5(2):1-7.
- Grubbs, Rebecca A., Chase M. Straw, William J. Bowling, David E. Radcliffe, Zach Taylor, and Gerald M. Henry. "Predicting spatial structure of soil physical and chemical properties of golf course fairways using an apparent electrical conductivity sensor." Precision Agriculture20, no. 3 (2019): 496-519.
- Reynolds and B. Wherley. 2018. How much light is enough? Importance of meeting the DLI requirement in shade. Texas Turfgrass Association Magazine. Winter 2018.
- Reynolds and B. Wherley. 2018. Shade and Implications for Turfgrass Health. Alabama Turfgrass Association Magazine. Fall Edition.
- Grubbs, L. Hoffman, J. Young, and B. Wherley. 2018. Texas Lawn Companion- Fall Edition. Texas A&M AgriLife Extension. September.
- Wherley. 2018. Update on Texas A&M Turfgrass Research of Interest to Turf Managers. Sports Turf Magazine. In Press.
- Chavarria, C. Reynolds, and B. Wherley. 2018. Impact of Turf Colorants on Spectral Transmission Characteristics. GCM Magazine. In press.
- Grubbs, C. Segars, B. Chang, C. Wolfe, D. Cunningham, and P. Dickinson. Texas Lawn Companion- Spring 2019 Edition. Texas A&M AgriLife Extension. April.
- Grubbs.. AggieTurf and TPT: A Vision for Collaboration. 2018. Pallet Magazine (Turfgass Producers of Texas). Fall Edition.
- Grubbs. Tips for Fall Fertilization. 2018. Texas Turfgrass Association Magazine. Fall Edition.
Peer-Reviewed Extension Publications
- Grubbs. 2019. Water-Wise Checklist for Texas Home Lawns. SCS-2019-15
- Grubbs. 2019. Mowing Recommendations for Warm-Season Turfgrass. ESC-052. 5-19.
- Segars. 2019. The Need to Overseed. ESC-053. 5-19.
- Grubbs. 2019. Turfgrass Repair and Replacement FAQ. (Submitted for formatting)
- Grubbs. 2019. Homeowner Guide to Herbicide Selection for Warm-Season Turfgrass Lawns. (Submitted for formatting)
- Segars. 2019. Bermudagrass Selection for Athletic Fields in the Transition Zone. (Submitted for formatting)
- Stier, J.C., J. H. Baird, A. Chandra, M. T. Elmore, J. Henderson, D. E. Karcher, K. L. Kopp, M. Schiavon, and E. Watkins. 2018. Documenting Water Use for Turfgrasses in the United States. International ASA-CSSA-SSSA Conference, Baltimore, MD. Poster presentation 1270.
- *R. Hejl, B. Wherley, K.McInnes, B. Grubbs, and C. Fontanier. 2018. Temporal and Spatial Variability in Soil Water Relations of Sand-Capped Fairway Systems. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Meetings.
- Chavarria, B. Wherley, and C. Reynolds. 2018. Colorant Effects on Spectral Transmission Properties of Ultraviolet and Photosynthetically Active Radiation. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Meetings.
- Chavarria, B. Wherley, and K. McInnes. 2018. Role of Sand Topdressing Physical Characteristics on Infiltration and Mowing Removal. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Meetings.
- *B. Chang, B. Wherley, and J. Aitkenhead-Peterson. 2018. Environmental Impacts of Landscape Conversions. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Meetings.
- *W. Bowling, B. Wherley, K. McInnes, and T. Provin. 2018. Long-term Management Dynamics of Sand-Capped Fairway Systems. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Meetings.
- *G. Flores, B. Wherley, K. McInnes, S. Feagley, and L. Lombardini. 2018. Evaluation of Spent Coffee Grounds for Turfgrass Fertilizer and Root Zone Amendment. ASA-CSSA-SSSA International Meetings.
- *B. Grubbs, J.J. Thompson, G.M. Henry. The Mosaic Effect: Exploring the Challenges of Measuring, Modeling, and Changing Home Owner Behavior on the American Lawn. Crop Science Society of America (CSSA). Baltimore, MD. November 2018.