NCERA210: Improving the management and effectiveness of cooperatively owned business organizations
(Multistate Research Coordinating Committee and Information Exchange Group)
Journal and Refereed Articles
Bhuyan, S., 2018. "Assessing Organizational Effectiveness of Member-owned Enterprises in the northeast United States." Management Today: An Int. Jr. of Management Studies, 8(2):159-168.
Boland, M. (2018). Introducion a coopertaivas y mutualism. Spanish version of my textbook under same name.
Cook, M.L. and J. Grashuis, "Theory of Cooperatives: Recent Developments", The Routledge Handbook of Agricultural Economics, eds. Gail L. Cramer, K. Paudel, and A. Schmitz, Routledge, 2018.
Cook, M.L., “A Life Cycle Explanation of Cooperative Longevity”, Sustainability, 10(5), 2018.
Grashuis, J. and M.L. Cook, “An Examination of New Generation Cooperatives in the Upper Midwest: Successes, Failures, and Limitations”, Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, 89(4): 623-644, 2018.
Harris, K. and B.C. Briggeman, “Talent management in Grain Merchandising: Expectations and Perceptions of Agricultural Majors Interested in Grain Merchandising Careers.” ACCC Fact Sheet Series, August 2018
Kenkel, P. and B.C. Briggeman. “Impact of Tax Reform on Agricultural Cooperatives and Members.” Journal of Cooperatives 33(2018): 1-28.
Kenkel P. and M. Boland “Implications of Equity Structures on Governance of Agricultural Cooperatives” The Cooperative Accountant, Summer 2017.
- Briggeman and P. Kenkel, “Impact of Tax Reform on Agricultural Cooperatives” Special Edition ACCC Fact Sheet Series, Collaborative Research OSU/KSU, December 18, 2017.
McKee, G. and K. Jacobs. 2017. “Governance Structures and the Value of the Firm: The Case of Great Lakes Cooperative and Green Plains Renewable Energy.” Journal of Cooperatives 32:46-58.
Kenkel and B. Briggeman, “Impact of Revised Section 199A on Grain Producers, OSU Fact Sheet AGEC-1076, April 2018.
Royer, Jeffrey S. 2018. Retained earnings as a source of equity capital for agricultural cooperatives. Cooperative Accountant, 7(1):2-27.
Royer, Jeffrey S. Measuring the cost of capital in cooperative businesses. Agribusiness: An International Journal. In press.
Siebert and J.L. Park. “United Agricultural Cooperative: Considering the Sale of the Agronomy Division.” International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 21(5):573-582.
Park, J.L. “Training for Excellence.” Cooperative Management Letter, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, CML 18-01, January 2018.
Park, J.L. “Management Excellence.” Cooperative Management Letter, Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University, CML 18-02, June 2018.
Dudensing, R., J.L. Park, D. Hanselka, and C.W. Carpenter. “Methodology for an Economic Contribution Study of Agricultural Cooperatives in a Value Chain: A Cotton Case Study.” Mid-Continent Regional Science Association conference. June 6-8, 2018, Kansas City, Missouri.
Other Publications, Posters, Abstracts, Proceedings, and Academic Presentations
Royer, Jeffrey S. 2018. Capital budgeting by cooperatives. Cornhusker Economics, February 14, 1-2.
Keri Jacobs. “A Discussion of the Sec 199A Deduction and its Potential Impacts on Producers and Grain Marketing Firms.” farmdoc daily (8): 13, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, January 26, 2018.
- Jacobs, G. McKee, and J. Park. “Governance and Cooperative Value: Lessons from Five Texas Cooperatives.” Selected paper, NCERA-210 Annual Conference, St. Paul, Minnesota, November 7, 2018.
- Boland, K. Jacobs, P. Kenkel, and G. McKee. “Analyzing the Impact of Section 199A on Agricultural Cooperatives.” Selected paper, NCERA-210 Annual Conference, St. Paul, Minnesota, November 7, 2018.
- Jacobs and M. Boland. “Consolidation and Producer Impacts in U.S. Ag Co-ops: Is Bigger Better?” Invited paper at the International Cooperative Alliance Research Conference, Wageningen University, The Netherlands, July 5, 2018.
- Jacobs. “Challenges Facing Agricultural Cooperatives: Consolidation, Efficiency and Market Power.” Invited joint seminar, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Centre for the Study of Co-operatives, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, May 11, 2018.
Keri Jacobs. “Impact of the 2017 Tax Reform and Jobs Act on Ag Cooperatives.” NCERA-210 Research Committee and eXtension Cooperatives Community of Practice Webinar, January 29, 2018.