WERA72: Agribusiness Scholarship Emphasizing Competitiveness
(Multistate Research Coordinating Committee and Information Exchange Group)
Accomplishments (Organized by Institution):
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Silva, A., M. Higgins, and M. Hussein. (2015). “An Evaluation of the Effect of Child-Directed Television Food Advertising Regulation in the United Kingdom.” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics.
- Higgins, L.M. and E. Llanos. (2015). “A Healthy Indulgence? Wine Consumers and the Health Benefits of Wine.” Wine Economics and Policy. 4: 3-11.
- Higgins, L.M. and K. Litzenberg. (2015). “Transferring Experience Through Team Teaching: The Chance of a Lifetime.” College Teaching. 63 (3): 105-111.
- Xia, C., M. Higgins, and M. Wolf. (2015). “Millennials Leaning In: Can Women in Agribusiness Benefit from Technology and Social Collaboration in Higher Education?” International Food and Agribusiness Management Review. 18 (2): 93-108.
- Schroeter, C. and M. Higgins. (2015). “The Impact of Guided vs. Self-Directed Instruction on Students’ Information Literacy Skills.” Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education. 23 (1):1-11.
- Ishdorj, A. and M. Higgins. (2015). “Children’s Food Security and Participation in National School Lunch Program.” Applied Economics and Finance. 2 (1): 119-128.
- Higgins, L.M. and C. Schroeter. (2015). “Disentangling Teamwork Dynamics: All Work for One or One Teaches All.” Journal of Food Distribution Research. 46 (1): 56-57.
North Dakota State University
- William Nganje, Miljkovic, Dragan and Daniel Vioca “Offsetting Behavior and the Marginal Impact of Food Safety Information.” Paper Accepted for Publication, Review Agricultural Resource Economics. May, 2015.
- Cheryl Wachenheim, Brook R, Robert Hearne, William Nganje “Identifying Market Preferences for High Selenium Beef" Paper Conditionally Accepted for Publication, Journal of Food Distribution Research, October 2015.
- Timothy Richards and William Nganje. “Welfare Effects of Food Recall.” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 62, Issue 1, p. 107-124, 2014.
- William Nganje, Renée Shaw Hughner, and Paul M. Patterson. “Perception of Risks and Preferences for Locally Grown Produce: A Marketing System Approach,” Journal of Food Product Marketing, Vol. 20, Issue 2, p. 196-214, 2014.
- Jesus Bravo, Ignacio Molina and William Nganje. “Understanding intentional food contamination attitudes: applying Ajzen’s Theory of Planned Behavior to a sample of fruit and vegetable industry workers.” International Journal of Agricultural Management, Volume 3 Issue 1, p.43-52, 2013.
- Claudia Dumitrescu, William Nganje, and Clifford Schultz II. “Market Opportunities and Challenges for U.S. Wheat Exports in the Balkans and Black Sea Region.” British Food Journal, 156, No. 10, p. 1518-1536, 2013.
- Miljkovic, Dragan and Anna Glazyrina: "The Determinants of Total Fertility Rate in Russia," Journal of Policy Modeling [Accepted for publication on August 2, 2015].
- Miljkovic, Dragan, William Nganje, and Daniel Voica: "Food Safety Information, Changes in Risk Perceptions and Offsetting Behavior," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review [Accepted for publication on May 19, 2015].
- Hart, Jarrett, Dragan Miljkovic, and Saleem Shaik: “The Impact of Trade Openness on Technical Efficiency in the Agricultural Sector of the European Union,” Applied Economics (2015), 47(12): 1230-1247.
- Miljkovic, Dragan, Anais Liogier, Saleem Shaik, Nikita Barabanov, and Silvia Miranda: “Globalization and Obesity,” The World Economy (2015), 38(8): 1278-1294.
- Miljkovic, Dragan: "The Impact of External Pressure on Voting Outcomes in Transition Economies," Review of Radical Political Economics (2015), 47(2): 193-208.
- Miljkovic, Tatjana and Dragan Miljkovic: “Modeling Impact of Hurricane Losses on Income Distribution in the Coastal U.S.,” International Journal of Disaster Risk Science (2014), 5(4): 265-273.
Refereed Book Chapters:
- Miljkovic, Dragan: "Dual Nature and the Human Face of Food (In)Security," In International Food Security in an Uncertain World: A Global Perspective (Volume 1) Andrew Schmitz, P. Lynn Kennedy, and Troy G. Schmitz (editors) [Accepted for publication in March of 2015].
- Miljkovic, Dragan (Ed.): “Agriculture and Trade: International Perspectives,” Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York, 2014 (ISBN: 978-1-62948-975-9).
- Perry, G., Deibel, P., Downey, W. S. & Gunderson, M. (2015). Agribusiness benchmarks: Creating common learning outcomes for undergraduate agribusiness management programs. Journal of Agribusiness, 32(1), 47-66.
- Yeager E., Downey, W. S. & Widmar, D. (2015). (Syngenta: Changing a global company. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 18(2), 167-183.
- Hallock, Hannah,Aaron Johnson, Scott Downey and Chris McIntosh. “Evaluation to Improve College Teaching: Going Beyond the Student Evaluation Instrument.” Western Education/Extension and Research Activities Committee on Agribusiness (WERA 72) Annual Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. June 21-23, 2015.
- Downey, W. S. “Generational Selling.” Presented at Cornbelt Seed Conference in Indianapolis In. February 2015. Approximately 150 participants.
- Downey, W. S. “Marketing in Veterinary Practices.” Invited single session for Purdue University Veterinary School class. March, 2015. Approximately 40 participants.
Santa Clara University
- Lakner, Zoltan, and Gregory A. Baker. 2014. “Struggling with Uncertainty: The State of Global Agri-food Sector in 2030.” International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, Volume 17, No. 4.
University of Kentucky
- Li, XL, and S. Saghaian. (2015). “Price Adjustment and Market Power in the Columbian Milds Coffee Market.” Journal of Agribusiness, forthcoming.
- Shepherd, J. and S. Saghaian. (2015). “Risk Perception and Trust Interaction in Response to Food Safety Events across Products and Their Implications for Agribusiness Firms.” Journal of Food Distribution Research, forthcoming.
- Ozertan, G., S. Saghaian, and H. Tekguc. (2015). “Dynamics of Price Transmission and Market Power in the Turkish Beef Sector.” Turkish journal of Economics, Business & Finance, 30(349):53-76.
- Saghaian, S. and M. Reed. (2015). “Spillover Effects of U.S. Federal Reserve’s Recent Quantitative Easing on Canadian Commodity Prices.” International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics, 3(1):33-43.
- Sujarwo, J., M. Reed and S. Saghaian. (2015). “Production Efficiency of Small-Scale Shallot Producers in East Java, Indonesia.” Journal of Global Economics, Management and Business Research, 2(2):59-71.
- Ingram, Dewayne L., Timothy A. Woods, Wuyang Hu, and Susmitha S. Nambuthiri, “Willingness-to-pay Comparisons for Flats of Groundcover Plants in Plantable Containers: Consumers versus Commercial Buyers in Kentucky”, HortScience 50(3):408-411, 2015, http://hortsci.ashspublications.org/content/50/3/408.full.pdf?ijkey=1dnMXc3y7VE7Ydu&keytype=ref
- Brislen, Lilian, Timothy Woods, Lee Meyer, and Nathan Routt, “Grasshoppers Distribution: Lessons Learned and Lasting Legacy”, University of Kentucky Experiment Station Special Report Series, SR-108, 26 p. http://www2.ca.uky.edu/agc/pubs/SR/SR108/SR108.pdf, January, 2015.
- Maes, Thong, Wuyang Hu, Timothy Woods, Marv Batte, and Stan Ernst, "Substitutes or Complements? Consumer Preference for Local and Organic Food Attributes", American Journal of Agricultural Economics, doi:1093/ajae/aau108, 2014
- Woods, Timothy A., “Innovation in Agri-Food Clusters: Theory and Case Studies: Book Review”, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, doi: 10.1093/ajae/aat082, 2014.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Conley, Dennis, Kathleen Brooks, Cory Walters and Eric Thompson. Economic Impacts of the Ethanol Industry in Nebraska. Department of Agricultural Economics and the Bureau of Business Research. University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Special Report. April 2015.
- Woods, Timothy, Lia Nogueira, Shang-Ho Yang and Xueting Deng. 2015. “Local Wine Expenditure Determinants in the Northern Appalachian States.” Journal of Food Distribution Research 46(2):30-50.
- Asgari, Mahdi and Lia Nogueira. 2015. “Institutional Differences and Agricultural Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa.” Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development 9(2):189-209.
- Nogueira, Lia, Joel Michalski, Thomas L. Marsh and Vicki McCracken. 2015. “Welfare Implications of Washington Wheat Breeding Programs.” Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics 47(2):147-174.
- Nogueira, Lia and Cory Walters. 2015. “Welfare Implications of Wheat Breeding Programs.” Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, March 25, 2015.
- Brooks, Kathleen, Lia Nogueira and Jacob Birch. 2014. “U.S. Beef Trade Disruptions.” Cornhusker Economics, Department of Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, November 4, 2014.
University of Saskatchewan
- Forbes-Brown, S., T. Micheels, and J.E. Hobbs, Forthcoming. Willingness to Pay for Milk and Ice Cream with the “100% Canadian Milk” Label: A Discrete Choice Experiment. Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing. Accepted May 10, 2015.
- Lassoued, R., J.E. Hobbs, T. Micheels, and D. Zhang, Forthcoming (to be published in Dec 2015 Special Issue). Consumer trust in chicken brands: a structural equation model. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics. Accepted April 27, 2015.
Utah State University
- Slocum, S., and K. Curtis, (in press). “Assessing Sustainable Food Behaviours of National Park Visitors: Domestic/On Vocation Linkages, and Their Implications for Park Policies.” Journal of Sustainable Tourism.
- Curtis, K.R., K. Allen, and R. Ward, (in press). “Food Consumption, Attitude, and Behavioral Change among CSA Members: A Northern Utah Case Study.” Journal of Food Distribution Research.
- Maughan, T., K. Curtis, B. Black, and D. Drost, (2015). “Economic Evaluation of Implementing Strawberry Season Extension Production Technologies in the U.S. Intermountain West.” HortScience 50(3), 395-401.
- Bosworth, R., D. Bailey, and K. Curtis, (2015). “Consumer Willingness to Pay for Local Designations: Brand Effects and Heterogeneity at the Retail Level.” Journal of Food Products Marketing 21(3), 274-292.
- Curtis, K.R., I. Yeager, B. Black, D. Drost, and R. Ward, (2014). “Market and Pricing Potential for Extended Season Fresh Produce Sales: An Intermountain West Example.” Journal of Food Distribution Research 45(2), 46-65.
- Debnath, D., K. Curtis, and S. Slocum, (2015). “Expanding Direct Marketing Opportunities through Farm Shops in Western Tourism Destinations: Extension Program Design. Proceedings of the 2014 Value-Added Conference, Baltimore, MD, May 2014.
- Brain, R., K. Curtis, and K. Hall, (2015). “Utah Farm-Chef-Fork: Building Sustainable Local Food Connections.” Journal of Food Distribution Research 46(1), 1-10.
- Curtis, K.R., J.D. Gumirakiza, and R. Bosworth, (2014). “Consumer Preferences and Willingness to Pay for Multi-Labeled Produce at Farmers’ Markets.” Journal of Food Distribution Research, 45(1), 14-20.
Bacon, C.M. and G.A. Baker, (2017) The rise of food banks and the challenge of matching food assistance with potential need: towards a spatially specific, rapid assessment approach." Agriculture and Human Values. DOI: 10.1007/s10460-017-9783-y.
Deikmann, Lucy O., Leslie Gray, and Gregory A. Baker. 2017 Forthcoming "Drought, water access, and urban agriculture: A case study from Silicon Valley." Local Environment, DOI: 10.1080/13549839.2017.1351426.
Babb, Alexis A., Gregory A. Baker, Courtney N. Robinson, and Michael J. Harwood. 2016 “Mi Pueblo Food Center.” Journal on Food System Dynamics. Vol. 7, No. 2.
Pakseresht, A., B.R. McFadden, and C.J. Lagerkvist. (2017) “Consumer Acceptance of Food Biotechnology based on Policy Context and Upstream Acceptance.” European Review of Agricultural Economics. 44(5):757-780.
Dong, Z., Z. Gao, and B.R. McFadden. (2017) “Impact of Food Choice on Sodium Intake Patterns from Multiple NHANES Surveys.” Appetite. 109:144-153.
McFadden, B.R. (2017) “The Unknowns and Possible Implications of Mandatory Labeling.” Trends in Biotechnology (2017) 35.1:1-3.
McFadden, B.R., B.W. Brorsen, and W.R. Raun. (2017) “Nitrogen Fertilizer Recommendations Based on Plant Sensing and Bayesian Updating.” Precision Agriculture. 1:1-3.
Lusk, J.L., J.M. Crespi, B.R. McFadden, J.B.C. Cherry, L.E. Martin, and A.S. Bruce. (2016) “Neural Antecedents of a Random Utility Model.” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization. 132:93-103.
McFadden, B.R. (2016) “Examining the Gap between Science and Public Opinion about Genetically Modified Food and Global Warming.” PLOS ONE.
McFadden, B.R., and J.L. Lusk. (2016) “What Consumers Don't Know about GM Food and How that Affects Beliefs.” Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Journal: fj-201600598.
McFadden, B.R. and S.E. Stefanou. (2016) “Another Perspective on Understanding Food Democracy." Choices (2016) 31(1).
Crespi, J.M., J.L. Lusk, J.B.C. Cherry, L.E. Martin, B.R. McFadden, and A.S. Bruce. (2016). “Neural Activations Associated with Decision-Time and Choice in a Milk Labeling Experiment.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics (2016) 98:74-91.
Francisco, A.J., A.S. Bruce, S. Lim, J.M. Crespi, J.L. Lusk, B.R. McFadden, R.L. Aupperle, and J.M. Bruce. (2015). “Are Consumers as Constrained as Hens are Confined? Brain Activations and Behavioral Choices after Informational Influence.” Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization (2015) 13:113-119.
Kaninda, S., E.G. Fonsah, G.E. Boyhan, E.L. Little and J.W. Gaskin (2017). “Economic Analysis of Crop Rotation Systems for High Value Cool-Season Vegetables in Southern Region of the USA.” Intl. J. of Veg Sciences. 26(5):637-646.
Awondo, S. N., E. G. Fonsah and D. J. Gray. (2017). “Incorporating Structure and Stochasticity in Muscadine grapes Enterprise Budget and Investment Analysis.” HortTechnology. 27 (2): 212-222.
Awondo, N. S., O.A. Ramirez, G. Colson, E.G. Fonsah, G. Kostandini (2016). “Self-Protection from Weather Risk Using Improved Maize Varieties or Off-Farm Income and the Propensity for Insurance.” Agricultural Economics. 48 (2016) 1–16.
Ahmadiani, M., C. Li2, Y. Liu E.G. Fonsah, C. M. Bliss, B. V. Brodbeck and P. C. Andersen (2016). “Profitability of Organic Vegetable Production via Sod Based Rotation and Conventional Versus Strip Tillage in the Southern Coastal Plain.” Sustainable Agriculture Research. Vol. 5 (4).
Boyhan, G., J. Gaskin, E. Little, E.G. Fonsah, and S. Stone (2016). “Evaluation of Cool Season Vegetable Rotations in Organic Production.” HortTechnology. 26 (5):637-646.
Muhammed, A, S. Zahniser and E.G. Fonsah. (2015). “A Dynamic Analysis of US Banana Demand by Source: a focus on Latin American suppliers”, Int. J. Trade and Global Markets, Vol. 8 (4): 281-296.
Johnson, Aaron J., W. Scott Downey, Kerry K. Litzenberg, Allen F. Wysocki, and Elizabeth A. Yeager. “Attitude Change by Students in Professional Sales Courses: Implications for Recruiters and Potential Employers.” Journal of Agribusiness. 35(1):75-85.
Aslıhan D. Spaulding, Kerry Tudor, and Winn Mahatanankoon (2015). “The Effects of Outcome Expectations on Individual’s Anxiety and Continued Usage of Mobile Devices: A Post-adoption Study.” International Food and Agribusiness Management Review. Vol. 18. Issue 4. pp.173-188.
Askar H. Choudhury, James R. Jones, Raquiba (Lena) Choudhury, and Aslıhan D. Spaulding (2015) “Association of Rainfall and De-trended Crop Yield Based on Piecewise Regression for Agricultural Insurance.” Journal of Economics and Economic Education Research. Vol. 16. No.2. pp.34-46.
Boerngen, M.A., J.W. Rickard, S.M. Lorenz, and E. Baker. 2016. Assessing Student Demographics in a Non-Land Grant Agriculture Program. NACTA Journal, Vol. 60, Suppl. 1: 44-45 (Abstr.).
Boerngen, M.A., and J.W. Rickard. 2017. Does Structure Alter Students’ Perceptions of Group Projects? NACTA Journal, Vol. 61, Suppl. 1: 7 (Abstr.).
Yeager E., Downey, W. S. & Widmar, D. (2015). Syngenta: Changing a global company. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, 18(2), 167-183. (25% acceptance rate)
Morgan, C. J., Widmar, N. O., Yeager, E. A., Downey, W. S., & Croney, C. C. (2016). Perceptions of Social Responsibility of Prominent Fast Food Restaurants. Modern Economy, 7(06), 704. (OA, 2-GJIF=.71)
Ringelberg, J., Downey, W. S., & Spangenberg, B. (2017). BASF: Differentiating on service innovation. Submitted to International Food and Agribusiness Marketing Review. (In press).
Downey, W. S., Funk, J., & Fullerton, C. (2017). Summary of multigenerational farm decision making results. (In Press. Available 7/1/17 from CAB).
Rossi, Jairus, Timothy Woods, and James Allen (2017), “CSA Shareholder Food Lifestyle Behaviors: A Comparison Across Different Consumer Groups”, Journal of Agriculture and Human Values, doi:10.1007/s10460-017-9779-7, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10460-017-9779-7
Katchova, Ani, and Timothy Woods, (2016), “Competitive Advantages in Sourcing and Marketing Local Foods by Food Cooperatives”, Agribusiness, 32(4).
Allen, James, IV, Jairus Rossi, Timothy Woods, Alison Davis, (2016) “Do community supported agriculture programmes encourage change to food lifestyle behaviours and health outcomes? New evidence from shareholders,” International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, doi: 10.1080/14735903.2016.1177866. http://www.tandfonline.com/10.1080/14735903.2016.1177866
Vassalos, Michael, Wuyang Hu, Timothy Woods, Jack Schieffer and Carl Dillon (2016), “Risk Preferences, Transaction Costs and Choice of Marketing Contracts: Evidence from a Choice Experiment with Fresh Vegetable Producers”, Agribusiness, 32(3):379-396, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/agr.21450/full
Elliott, M. and H. James. 2017. “Nature of the Farm: Revisited,” Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, 46(1), 123-145.
Sulemana, I., H. James, and J.S. Rikoon. 2017. “Environmental Kuznets Curves for Air Pollution in African and Developed Countries: Exploring Turning Point Incomes and the Role of Democracy,” Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy, 6(2).
S.K. Dary, H. James, A.S. Mohammed. 2017. “Triggers of Farmer-Herder Conflicts in Ghana: A Non-Parametric Analysis of Stakeholders’ Perspectives,” Sustainable Agriculture Research, 6(2), 141-151.
- Stallman, H. James. 2017. “Farmers’ Willingness to Cooperate in Ecosystem Service Provision: Does Trust Matter?“ Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, 88(1), 5-31.
- Hendrickson, H. James. 2016. “Power, Fairness and Constrained Choice in Agricultural Markets: A Synthesizing Framework,” Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics, 29(6), 945-967.
- Harris, H. James. 2016. “The Production of Food and Fiber: An Adaptation of CoP Features for Sustainable Water Use in Agribusiness,” Sustainability, 8(11), 1189.
- Ng, H. James. 2016. “No Man Lives on an Island: Habitual Agency and Complexity in Entrepreneurial Decision-making,” International Journal of Complexity in Leadership and Management, 3(3), 244-259.
- James, D. Ng, P. Klein. 2016. “Complexity, Novelty, and Ethical Judgment by Entrepreneurs,” International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing, 8(2), 170-195.
- Sulemana, H. James, C. Valdivia. 2016. “Perceived Socioeconomic Status as a Predictor of Environmental Concern in African and Developed Countries,” Journal of Environmental Psychology, 46(June), 83-95.
- Sulemana, L. McCann, H. James. 2016. “Perceived Environmental Quality and Subjective Well-being: Are African Countries Different from Developed Countries?“ International Journal of Happiness and Development, 3(1), 64-87.
- Stallman, H. James. 2015. “Determinants Affecting Farmers’ Willingness to Cooperate to Control Pests,” Ecological Economics, 117, 182-192.
- DeRosier, I. Sulemana, H. James, C. Valdivia, W. Folk, R. Smith. 2015. “A Comparative Analysis of Media Reporting of Perceived Risks and Benefits of Genetically Modified Crops and Foods in Kenyan and International Newspapers,” Public Understanding of Science, 24(5), 563-581.
Aiken, D., K. Brooks, D. Goeller, M. Habrock, B. Lubben, J. Parsons, L. Van Tassell, C. Walters, and R. Wilson. 2016. “Nebraska 2016 Farm Financial Health Survey.” University of Nebraska-Lincoln Department of Agricultural Economics White Paper. (Link)
Birch, J., and K. R. Brooks. 2015. “2015 Nebraska Feedyard: Labor Cost Benchmarks and Historical Trends.” University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Circular: EC836.
Birch, J., and K. R. Brooks. 2016. “Nebraska Panhandle Historic, Seasonal Price Patterns and Futures Basis Beef Cattle 2001-2015. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension Circular: EC291.
Busdieker-Jesse, Nichole L., Lia Nogueira, Hayri Onal and David S. Bullock. 2016. “The Economic Impact of New Technology Adoption on the U.S. Apple Industry.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 41(3):549-569.
Ellison, B., and K. R. Brooks. 2017. “Which Livestock Production Methods Matter Most to Consumers?” Agriculture and Human Values. Published online February 27, 2017.
Mills, B., A. Azzam, K. Brooks, and D. Aiken. 2016. “An Economic Analysis of the Nebraska Livestock Friendly Country Program,” Online Journal of Rural Research & Policy, 11(2).
Nganje, William and Siew Lim. “Opportunities for Majors in Economics.” Book Chapter, In Economics for the Eager: Why Study Economics? edited by K. Vaidya, University of Canberra, 2015.
Nganje, William, Miljkovic, Dragan and Daniel Vioca. “Offsetting Behavior and the Marginal Impact of Food Safety Information.” Agricultural Resource Economics Review, Vol 45/1 (April 2016).
Wachenheim, C.J. 2016. Slaughterhouse in Southeastern Afghanistan: A Public–Private Partnership. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review 19(3), pp. 251-261.
Wachenheim, C.J., R Hearne, Scott C. Hovde, W. Nganje. 2015. Identifying Market Preferences for High Selenium Beef. Journal of Food Distribution Research 46(3), pp. 1-18.
Wachenheim, Cheryl and Eric Ahlness. 2017. Experiential Learning for a Combat Deployment. NACTA Journal
Wachenheim, Cheryl, C., S. Hovde, R. Hearne, and W. Nganje. Identifying Market Preferences for High Selenium Beef. Journal of Food Distribution Research. 46(3), (2015):50-67.
Wolf-Hall, Charlene and William Nganje. “Microbial Food Safety: A food Systems Approach.” Book, Published by CABI, Boston MA, 2017.
Zheng, Shi, Zhigang Wang, and Cheryl Wachenheim. 2017. Risk Perceptions and Risk Attitudes among Chinese Consumers: the Toxic Capsule Crisis. Journal of Risk Research. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13669877.2017.1281337.
Zhu, Qianyu, Cheryl J. Wachenheim, Zhiyao Ma and Cong Zhu. 2017 Supply Chain Re-engineering: A Case Study of the Tonghui Agricultural Cooperative in Inner Mongolia. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review (in press).
Slocum, S., and K. Curtis, (in press, 2017). “Food and Agricultural Tourism: Theory and Best Practice.” Routledge.
Curtis, K., R. Bosworth, and S. Slocum, (in press, December 2017). “Drink Tourism: A Profile of the Intoxicated Traveler.” Accepted for publication as a chapter of “Craft Beverages and Tourism, Volume 2 – Environmental, Societal, and Marketing Implications.”
Curtis, K.R., and R. Brain, (2017). “Utah Farm-Chef-Fork: Linking Rural Growers with Urban Chefs to Enhance Local Food Sourcing.” In Slocum, S.L. & Kline, C. (Eds.) Linking Urban and Rural Tourism: Strategies in Sustainability (pp. 202-215). Wallingford, United Kingdom: CAB International.
Slocum, S.L. and K.R. Curtis, (2017). “The Urban-Rural Tourism Relationship: A Case of Suburban Farm Shops.” In Slocum, S.L. & Kline, C. (Eds.) Linking Urban and Rural Tourism: Strategies in Sustainability (pp. 82-93). Wallingford, United Kingdom: CAB International.
Gumirakiza, J.D., K.R. Curtis, and R. Bosworth, (2017). “Consumer Preferences and Willingness to Pay for Bundled Fresh Produce Claims at Farmers’ Markets.” Journal of Food Products Marketing, 23(1), 61-79.
Curtis, K., and S. Slocum, (2016). “The Role of Sustainability Certification Programs in Reducing Food Waste in Tourism.” Journal of Developments in Sustainable Agriculture, 11(1), 1-7.
Slocum, S., and K. Curtis, (2016). “Assessing Sustainable Food Behaviours of National Park Visitors: Domestic/On-Vacation Linkages and their Implications for Park Policies.” Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 24(1), 153-167.
Curtis, K., S. Slocum, T. Teegerstrom, C. Bishop, and M. Landis, (2017). “Innovative Food Tourism Development Strategies for Sustainability on American Indian Reservations.” Journal of Food Distribution Research 48(1), 46-53.
Curtis, K., and S. Slocum, (2016). “The Potential Impacts of Green Certification Programs Focused on Food Waste Reduction on the Tourism Industry.” Journal of Food Distribution Research 47(1), 6-11.
Ward, R.A., T. Teegerstrom, K. Curtis, K. Salisbury, S. Emm, and C. Bishop, (2016). “American Indian Agricultural Money and Business Management.” Utah State University Extension Curriculum (PowerPoint Presentations, Instructor Notes, and Worksheets). Online at: http://diverseag.org/htm/money-management-curriculum.
Knudsen, T., K. Curtis, J. Reeve, and B. Black, (2017). “Northern Utah Peach Orchard Costs and Returns Comparison by Management Strategy, 20 Acres, 2015.” Utah State University Fact Sheet, Applied Economics/2017-03pr.
Curtis, K., and M. Bradshaw, (2017). “Conducting a Market Assessment: Estimating Market Size and Price for Small-Scale Food Tourism Enterprises.” Utah State University Fact Sheet, Applied Economics/2017-04pr.
Curtis, K. and J. Rudd, (2017). “Southeastern Utah Small-Scale Mixed Vegetable Production Costs and Returns - 2 Acres, 2016.” Utah State University Fact Sheet, Applied Economics/2017-01pr.
Curtis, K. and T. Knudsen, (2016). “Northern Utah Grass-Fed Beef Production Costs & Returns, 2016.” Utah State University Fact Sheet, Applied Economics/2016-03pr.
Curtis, K. and T. Knudsen, (2016). “Southern Utah Grass-Fed Beef Production Costs & Returns, 2016.” Utah State University Fact Sheet, Applied Economics/2016-04pr.
Knudsen, T., K. Curtis, J. Reeve, and B. Black, (2016). “Northern Utah Conventional Peach Orchard Costs and Returns, 20 Acres, 2015.” Utah State University Fact Sheet, Applied Economics/2016-02pr.
Knudsen, T., K. Curtis, J. Reeve, and B. Black, (2016). “Northern Utah Organic Peach Orchard Costs and Returns, 20 Acres, 2015.” Utah State University Fact Sheet, Applied Economics/2016-01pr.
Micheels, Eric T. and Andreas Boecker, 2017. Competitive strategies among Ontario farms marketing direct to consumers. Agricultural and Food Economics. 5:10 DOI 10.1186/s40100-017-0079-8
Gabruch, Amanda and Eric T. Micheels, 2017 . The Effect of Saskatchewan's Ownership Restrictions on Farmland Values. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics. 42(1):114–126.
Omid Mirzaei, Eric T. Micheels, and Andreas Boecker, 2016. Product and Marketing Innovation in Farm-Based Businesses: The Role of Entrepreneurial Orientation and Market Orientation. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review. 19 (2): 99-130.
ET Micheels, JF Nolan, 2016. Examining the effects of absorptive capacity and social capital on the adoption of agricultural innovations: A Canadian Prairie case study. Agricultural Systems. 145, 127-138.
Forbes-Brown, S., E.T. Micheels, and J.E. Hobbs, 2016. Willingness to Pay for Milk and Ice Cream with the “100% Canadian Milk” Label: A Discrete Choice Experiment. Journal of International Food & Agribusiness Marketing.
Lassoued, R., J.E. Hobbs, E.T. Micheels, and D. Zhang, 2015. Consumer trust in chicken brands: a structural equation model. Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics. 63 (4): 621-647.